- 5 very ripe banana’s, mashed
- 2/3 c. coconut oil, melted
- 2 eggs
- 18 dates, chopped into bit sized pieces
- 2 1/2 t. vanilla extract
- 2 1/2 c. oat flour, freshly ground old fashioned oats is what I used
- 1/4 c. cocoa powder
- 3/4 c. chocolate chips
- 2. T. almond milk
- 2 t. baking powder
- 1 t. baking soda
- 1 t. salt
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees and grease muffin tin or loaf pan, whatever you prefer.
- In an electric mixer place the banana’s. Stir them until they are mushy.
- Add the coconut oil and stir to combine.
- Slowly add the eggs one at a time, mix until well combine.
- Add the vanilla and dates and stir.
- In a separate bowl combine all the dry ingredients.
- Add the dry ingredients and mix until just combined. DO NOT OVER MIX!
- With a spatula stir in the almond milk to moisten the batter.
- For muffins: Bake for 20-25 minutes
- For mini loaf pan: Bake for 35 minutes.
*It is very important to not over bake these or else they will be really crumbly.
For more awesome gluten free recipes: www.vegetarianmamma.com