- 2 1/2 limes, juiced
- 3 T. extra virgin olive oil
- 1 T. raw honey
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1/2 t. cumin
- 1/4 t. chili powder (could add more if you want it spicy)
- 2 T. fresh cilantro, finely chopped
- salt to taste
- 1 lb large white shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 1 T. olive oil
- 1/2 lemon, juiced
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1 C. green lentils (I used a mix of green and red because I didn’t have enough of one kind)
- 3 C. organic chicken stock
- Handful of asparagus, about 18, cut into bit sized pieces
- 2 carrots, peeled and cut into bit sized pieces
- 1 T. olive oil
- 1/2 t. garlic powder
- Sour Cream
- Lentils: In a large pot bring the lentils and chicken stock to a boil. Cover and reduce heat for about 20 minutes. Until the lentils are soft. Drain the remaining stock and set aside to let the lentils cool.
- Vegetables: In a medium pan, heat olive oil. Add veggies and cook about 5-6 minutes, until just soft. I like them to still have a little crunch to them. Add spices and cook for 30 seconds. Turn off heat and set aside.
- Shrimp: In a fry pan heat olive oil. Add shrimp and cook about 3-5 minutes. When they turn pink they are done. Be careful to no overcook or they will become chewy. Squeeze lime over them at the end. Toss the shrimp in with veggies.
- Dressing: Mix all ingredients together in a large bowl.
- When all your components are finished cooking add them all in the large bowl with the dressing. Mix together. You can either serve it room temperature or make this ahead and serve it chilled.
*Note* This dish would have been fantastic served inside warm tortillas like a shrimp taco! I did not have any on hand, but I would recommend trying it that way!
Visit www.vegetarianmamma.com for more awesome gluten free recipes!